Who we are:
Canoe Outpost-Peace River was first called Canoe Outpost of Arcadia when founded in 1969 by Tex and Donna Stout. Charlotte Bragg took over in 1978 and the company was called Peace River Canoe Outpost. Becky Bragg became owner and president in 2001 and incorporated under the name Canoe Outpost-Peace River which had been the marketing name for years. Becky, her son, brother, and nephew still own and run the business today. Canoe Outpost-Peace River is a member of the marketing family called Canoe Outpost®.
All about the Peace River and it's history: Click here
Click here to meet the staff.
To provide the most professional, affordable, memorable, and fun paddling and outdoor experience to visitors of the Peace River and Canoe Outpost-Peace River while instilling a sense of stewardship of the environment in order that we may all enjoy the natural beauty for generations to come.
- To provide the most professional, paddling and outdoor experience to our guests
- To provide the most memorable, fun, and enjoyable paddling and outdoor experience to our guests
- To provide an affordable paddling and outdoor experience to our guests
- To protect and preserve the Peace River watershed for generations to come to respect and enjoy
- To ensure that all have the opportunity to experience and treasure the Peace River
It is our goal to treat each and every customer with the utmost respect, and provide them with the ultimate in a paddling and outdoor experience, and to do so with absolute integrity with emphasis on safety, education and enjoyment of the environment.
We are proud Members/Partners of:
We proudly support the following initiatives:
- FAA Board of Directors, Affiliate Member Liaison
- FPPA Board of Directors, Communications Director, past & present President, past Secretary/Treasurer
- FWC Non-motorized Boat Technical Advisory Group
- FWC Boating Advisory Council
- DeSoto County Tourist Development Council
- DeSoto County Economic Development Council
- Visit Florida Cultural, Heritage, and Nature Committee
- Florida Freshwater Frontier
- Florida Heartland Rural Economic Development Initiative
- Team Arcadia, Board Member
- DeSoto Ag Tours, Planning Committee member
- Mosaic Citizens Advisory Panel
Canoe Outpost-Peace River advocates that everyone especially children should have the opportunity to experience the Florida outdoors.
We support the following issues:
- Funding of Visit Florida for the promotion of tourism in Florida
- Rural tourism in Florida
- Small business issues, less regulations, less taxes
- Private Property Rights
- Parental Rights in Florida
- No boat registration of canoes and kayaks
- Tourism as economic development
- Tourism as the #1 industry in Florida
We've shared our vision of Peace, Love and Paddlin' on the Peace River for over 40 years with tens of thousands of paddlers ranging in ages from two to 92. Why don't you come on down and see Canoe Outpost on the Peace River and join the fun.